Sunday, May 30, 2010

This I Believe

I believe that life isn’t fair. I know it seems weird for an 11 year old to say that, since I haven’t ‘lived my life to the fullest’ yet, but I’m smart enough to know that life isn’t fair.

When I was younger, I visited a toyshop and I always wanted new toys. I would want everything! As my parents grew aggravated they constantly told me, “Do you need this?” This stunned me completely, “Do I need this?” well no but I do want to play with something. Now, looking back on this I understand what my parents meant.

Children are begging their parents for iPads or iPhones when some children are on the streets begging for even just a dollar, and not even from their parents, begging to strangers.

Did you know that there is actually enough food and water for everyone in this world? It just isn’t shared properly. So actually, People in Kenya who don’t have any food and are starving ‘till death do have a chance to live. It’s just that we are too greedy to share what everyone on this planet needs to survive.

Believing life isn’t fair is just my opinion. You don’t have to believe it or you can, it’s totally up to you. Though not everyone realizes how lucky we are and how people in LEDC (Low Economically Developed Country) countries are struggling for survival while we are just sitting back and watching.



Picture: http://www.artmajeur.com/0/images/images/alexandermoreira_3777079_Alexander-JusticaJul08.jpg


No comments: